Saturday, September 29, 2012

Twilight Saga the movies

Again, this is one of those belated post. I have actually watched the movies a while back, but I just didnt feel excited enough to write about it.

The movies were, if I have to summarised, just such a big disappointment.

I was sooo glad that I had opted to read all the books first, rather than do the shortcut and watch the movies. Because peeps, I tell ya the movies seriously did not do justice to the funny, witty and entertaining book they are.

I dont know if it was the bad acting, or the lack of depth the movie presented or what, all in all the movie just didnt impress me. To the point that I almost could not bother to watch the remaining sequels after twilight. ( the sucker that I am, I did watch anyway though with much less enthusiasm). Believe it or not, the one person I actually enjoyed watching in the movie was Charlie, cos I thought he did a great job realising his character on the big screen. The wolves clan came second,  especially Sam and little Seth. Jacob is definitely someone to drool at though in twilight he wasnt much, but he grew in his character especially towards the breaking dawn. 

There are just gazillions funny, sarcastic and heart fluttering moments in the book that was not captured, instead they had to pick the dull ones (to me at least). If you just watch the movies you are really missing a lot, it was just too bland and monotonous to my liking.

So there you have it - my take on the twilight saga the movie. I could read the book over and over again, but I cant say the same for the movies. For me, it was far cry from the great novels they really are. What a shame ....




I blog with BE Write

0 comments: