Thursday, July 17, 2014

Another sad love song



I have this bad habit, if I want something die2 also must try to get.

Especially if I am being denied of it.

In this case, apam balik.

I went to two differnt Pasar ramadhan with the sole intent to get an apam balik and went back empty handed instead.

Totally disappointed.

So I googled and found that ramai je orang buat homemade apam balik.

Next thing I knew, I have gone to jusco to get me the ingredients for apam balik (pilot mode la kononnya). Anyway, original recipe is from www.myresipi.com/top/detail/627, and upon quick glimpse, it seems that the ingredients are easy enough to get and most of it are already in the baking-container i have at home.


So here goes (by the way I halved the original recipe)
1 cup of Fluor - Checked. ada kat rumah
1/2 tsp Baking Soda - Checked. ada kat rumah
1/2 tsp Baking powder - Checked. ada kat rumah
180 ml water - Ofkos checked.
1 x Egg- Checked. I didnt half this one, tak reti camana yang put in setengah aja.

For the fillings:
Peanut - I bought the packed salted peanut. Tak larat nak prepare from fresh
Sweet corn with creamer - Never knew this thing exists! but easily found in any supermarket
Sugar

Making the batter:
-Mix Eggs and Sugar
-Add baking soda, baking powder
-Add water and flour
Beat until mixed well. The recipe did ask to leave the batter for half hour. Not sure why so I leave it for about 15 mins sampai dah nak dekat2 buka time.

1.Using my pancake pan - I pour the batter (about 1.5 ladle) and wait for the bubbles to form.

2. Once bubbles are form, sprinkle the fillings in.

3. Fold in two.


Okay, I buat two times. First time wasnt very appetising

Second time - looks better.

But the final verdict?
FAIL. I wouldn't buy an apam balik from me! seriously tak sedap. Rasa tu ada la sikit2, but somehow memang tak sedap. Maybe the batter wasnt right, maybe too much filling, and maybe the pan memang not suitable.




0 comments: