Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ipoh PART II

Though it was such a short trip, tak sangka there are a lot to share here. Hence the additional post on Ipoh, PART II. This a continuation from Ipoh PART I

Anyway, sambung cerita Ipoh, after we left Kellie's Castle we headed back towards Route 1 southbound to get to Gua Tempurung. It was not difficult to find the entrance to Gua Tempurung as there are many signs a long the way. Roughly only about 20mins drive from Kellie's Castle I think.

Sampai kat Tempurung Cave, I wore my snickers siap2, cos tamau la masuk cave with Heeled Sandals. Tak pasal2 jatuh pulak. We went straight to the ticketing counter to get more information and leaflets, while makan at the gerai there.

So here is the leaflet (click on it for bigger image):



Tanya2 kat org tu, he said, it is best to go for option 3. Option 1, which is just a quick tour around the cave apparently is nothing much. So... we decided that we wont do Tempurung Cave today, but will come back soon some other weekend. Lagipun tak fun kalau tak dapat masuk2 sungai all that.

I didnt snap any photos around there, cos I will do that when we go for the actual Tempurung Cave trip.

Along the way we passed many many of these ex-mining lake, some of which were just fantastic, especially the ones with lots of lotus plant. Unfortunately I didnt get any shot of those ones. I only managed to get this one, which is also turned into a fishing/recreational lake.


After that, off we went - headed for Tapah to get back to the highway. Then... adala pulak sign to Lata Kinjang!! Apa lagi... I asked Rizal to make the turn. It is about 8km from the main route (route 1), and it is quite easy to access. The road actually take you all the way to the foot of the waterfall.

Parking are available, and there are also gerai and basic amnenities.

As it was the weekend, so the place was a bit crowded, especially at the lower side. He hiked up a bit, there are concrete steps and all, so no need to worry. The steps are not all the way to the top though. It stops there where there is a hangning bridge. We took a dip at the topmost accessible area. There were still a lot people, but at least not as crowded as at the base.

While here, I remembered my Trolak days, I remember coming to this waterfall with Farah, Gunn, Siti and Dura. But those days we actually went all the way to the top, like the top most area past the concrete stairs and all the way up to where the pump station is. That trip was somewhat memorable, because when we were happily taking our dips, Siti was swept away by the strong water. Punyala pucat all of us. Nasib baik she fell into one of the water pool. Until today I could still hear my heart beating faster thinking about it. Anyway, maybe because of that traumatic experience, I dare not to be too adventurous when I was there last weekend, especially since I have to be on my own in the water (cos Rizal has to take care of our belongings).

In all honesty I think this waterfall is too strong and too high to my likings, I think I prefer Lata Iskandar much better.

Macamanapun.. after taking our dips, its time to go. Also took the opportunity to take some shots. The verdict: I still am not so good at capturing waterfalls.. but I think it is a bit improvement than last time



From Ipoh quick getaway

0 comments: